Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get the water and food dishes out of the cage, and Dipsy got out, the doors were opened and she just flew off and kept flying.

Mum reckons if she hears the other birds then she might come back. I'm really snappy now, it's not anyone's fault but mine. :( She was my first bird now she's gone and probably going to get killed by other birds and it's my fault for putting my hands in the cage, I had the door opened a little bit and she managed to fit through it.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Oh no, i'm really sorry to hear that Dipsy got out. :( I know how heart breaking it is to have a bird fly off. Have you put a spare cage outside with millet on/in it to hopefully lure her back if she's in the area? Another good idea is to make fliers to put up in the area and also to put in peoples letter boxes. A lot of people would assume that no one would bother to look for a lost bird and just keep it themselves.

·
Registered
670 Posts
aww hunny put her cage outside with some food in it, i am sure she will come back, put posters up, if she is tame she s more likely to be found if she flew to in a garden, if anyone has an avary she may have found that birds and food,

good luck run accidents happen hun

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that Dipsy got out, maybe if you put one of the other birds cages outside with her favourite tiel in, she might hear them and come back. Don't give up hope! :) Keep us updated and the Best of Luck!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sending lots and lots of good thoughts that she comes back. Make sure to contact all the local newspapers/tv & radio stations to get the word out. Also, put fliers up at pet stores, and vet offices, and the rescue shelters. Don't forget about knocking on your neighbours doors.

Here are some websites where you can post for lost birds:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/911ParrotAlert/

As well as...

http://www.birdhotline.com/

And...

http://www.pets911.com/services/lostandfound/index.php

I truly hope you get her back.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's a cage outside with water, food, millet and it's been left open all night and still is now. The other 'tiels are outside and being really noisy, but I haven't seen her.

I have signed up to heaps of sites put ads up about her and explained, as well as putting up posters letting my neighbors know and ask them to keep an eye out and I went looking again today for a couple of hours but no luck.. I rang animal shelters, RSPCA, vets, but nothing as of yet. I guess I gotta keep my fingers crossed someone might find her.

I feel bad because I don't even wanna look at the cage she was in nor go near it which means, poor Mali & Tilly aren't getting the attention from me, but they are getting it from my mum, I can't handle being near them at the moment.

Edit: I forgot about newspapers and the radio, I'll have to do that, thank you.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nothing still. Ugh! :( :(

I haven't seen her or heard from anyone. :cry: I'm not going to give up.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I knew a gal who lost her 'tiel and she papered the area with flyers. It took 4 months but she finally got her back when the lady who had found her stepped on one of her flyers in the ladies room and it stuck to her shoe. The Big Guy works in mysterious ways! Her bird had only gone two blocks.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With some luck I hope someone does find her and give me a ring I put 4 different numbers down that I can be contacted on so I just gotta wait now. I've done all I can. :(

I was giving Theo cuddles today and then Charlie flew over and he's a spitting image of Dipsy, so is Twix, they remind me so much of her which doesn't make it very easy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.