Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: My new tiel, "Buddy"

SAd day..."Buddy" got a seed stuck in his windpipe, University Vet will call later with full results, but I couldn't afford to save him with heroic measures, so had to make the choice to let him fly free to the Rainbow Bridge to await me...glad I've got noisy budgies so I didn't come home to an empty house...but I'm still devastated. He was fine yesterday, came into the office (bird room) this morning to him panting...rushed to the vet...

Have others had this experience?

·
Registered
975 Posts
So sorry about your loss of Buddy. I had a tiel who probably also got a seed stuck in their windpipe but they managed to cough it up. I only noticed because the bird was eating and then was all of a sudden in distress - then was ok again on its own. I don't even remember which bird did it or when but it was long ago and scary. I think choking on seed or other food happens much more than we might think - birds eat intermittently all day and unexpected sudden deaths do occur (for various reasons.)

Sad to lose a good little friend :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.