Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a good while since I've been on this site and I'm glad to be back! To be honest, I tried some other avian websites and none of them were cockatiel exclusive nor were they all that friendly and responsive to posts (and or photos.) I think the last time I visited here, I may of had 4 tiels. My wife and I are now enjoying life with TEN! 6 females and 4 males. As of this post, we also have 3 eggs in the nest box and hopefully in about 19 more days we will have our second clutch of babies! Kiwi (our second oldest bird) is the dad. He's a normal grey, Woody is the mother who is a pied yellow a grey. This will be Kiwi's second clutch while it's Woody's first. The mother to our first clutch Dacey sadly passed away just about the time we were about to start hand-feeding that first clutch. While we kept one male ( Boo....he was born on Haloween) and the next day we had a female ( Sunny who looks JUST like her mother Dacey.) :grey tiel:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi - how nice that you have a big (and getting bigger!) tiel family. I'm sure the birds are keeping you busy. I've only had 3 birds at most at a time and that's good for me. Never tried raising any babies myself but my birds are usually rescues with difficult pasts so I spend a lot of one-on-one time to work with them :) They're sweet pets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts