Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am so sorry for the long absence, have had a lot going on and it has been crazy.

I recently lost one of my very beloved 'tiels, Luna. I don't want to go into detail as it is still very upsetting and I am yet to even be able to shake it off the slightest bit.

But anyway, there is kind of a story behind Luna – I had been hand-raising 'tiel babies for a friend of mine for quite sometime, and not long before I started hand-raising Luna, and her clutch mate, I took in a 'tiel who I decided to name Luna as I thought for a WF it would be pretty fitting, unfortunately Luna had got out and ended up being killed by some wild birds, crappy enough, I had seen it all, too. Not long after losing her, I had started hand-raising two lovely little WF 'tiel babies, I got attached to them (as you do 99.9% of the time) and I was debating right up until they were weaned whether I was going to keep one, or just find them new homes, they reminded me so much of Luna who I had lost not long before, and while I was still devastated about her, I was in two minds about what to do … but, after a lot of umm'ing and ahhh'ing, I gave in and kept one, and named her (I had hoped she was female, but you know, whatever if she hadn't been) Luna. It was so incredibly hard deciding between the two, I literally spent a few days just deciding which one.

Here are a few photos of her as she grew up..

She was one of the biggest cuddle bugs. :(

And a poser!

Miss her so unbelievably much. R.I.P Luna, loved and always missed.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss...fly free sweet Luna!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Sitting here with tears in my eyes, my heart aching for you! I'm sending hugs across the miles.

Fly free, Luna.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sorry for your loss of Luna :(

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Rest in peace sweet Luna :frown: :angel:

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all. I hope everyone and their birdies are well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts