Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Is he moving his tail side to side like wagging it? if he is thats normal it just means he is happy enjoying life, and enjoying you ;) if he is moving it up and down could be a sign of illness.
now the quivering I am not sure of keep an eye on him quivering can mean many things
fear nervousness uncertainty distrust, a change in tempature in the enviroment, sickness or it could be none of these not really sure just watch him and see if he keeps doing it.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
it usually means a really BIG present is about to land on my shoulder. :p
hehehe.... :p
I had never heard of it either till I read it on a few sites when I was trying to read up on Cockatiel behaviour it said some will actually wag there tail like a dog....lol I have yet to see either of mine do it :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
What site is that? I really don't think it sounds right. :p No bird i've known has ever wagged their tail, hehehe.

Spike - i've been watching and my two shiver if they are cold, or scared. Don't know if either of those would apply to when Spike was shivering.
if you do a google search it tells you that on many sites :p I agree Bea I have yet to see mine do it maybe there not happy to see me :p

Tail wagging: A bird, like a dog, may wag her tail to tell you that she is glad to see you. Tail wagging can also be a precursor to defecating. This is often helpful if you are trying to housetrain your bird.

Tail Wagging: you'll see your bird give his tail a quick "fan" and a vigorous side-to-side shake. This means "I'm content, I'm enjoying myself and feeling quite relaxed!" It's always a happy sight!

http://www.cockatielcottage.net/questions4.html
scroll down near the bottom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.