Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question here, my cockatiel, Travis, since yesterday when I had him has let me stroke his feathers a bit more, but seems to try to nip me a bit more. Is this good or bad? He seems to trust me, but he nips me (not painfully, only like a little scratch of his beak), so I'm unsure of what to think.

Any tips appreciated :D

Registered
Sounds like he is just telling you to back off. Spike will peck at me when he is grumpy or he does not want me to touch him. I can only give him scritches when he is on me :wacko: and we are really bonded. Just make sure to only keep your scritches to Travis's head area :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like he is just telling you to back off. Spike will peck at me when he is grumpy or he does not want me to touch him. I can only give him scritches when he is on me :wacko: and we are really bonded. Just make sure to only keep your scritches to Travis's head area :)
Thanks a bunch for that, I wondered why he didnt like me touching his wings, but he did like me to touch his beak :confused:

But yeah, he loves to have his little mohawk tickled, and it always calms him down a bit, thanks :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.