Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband wants to get another cockatiel. She will be hand tamed. I don't know whether we should put her in with the not-so-tame one, the tame one or by herself. Any opinions? Thanks.

Tammy

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
She could be a good influence on the not so tame bird but you don't want to put them together right away. The new bird should be quarantined for 30 to 60 days. It's always a good idea to have an extra cage anyway. You never know!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I had planned on quarantinning her but I just wasn't sure whether she should actually stay by herself, with Smokey (the not-so-tame one) or Jo-Jo (the tame one). I don't want Jo-Jo to become attached to her & not us. We are trying to tame Smokey & she is slowly coming around. She finally has come out of her cage by herself. We are new at this & just want to do everything right for the birds. We love them all already. Thanks again.

Tammy

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
i have several tiels 2 are tame and since the others have been with them they are not tame yet but they come right to you when you are at the cage no hand contact yet but working on it now i have heard it does the opisite to but not normally as long as you handle the tame one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.