Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this year I want to get an artificial Christmas tree for me and Sunny. This will be our FIRST Christmas tree ever and we are really excited. My question is: There are some artificial trees that come with lights. Exactly how are the lights positioned? Are they safe for birds? I can already imagine my Sunny hopping all over it. Will she get electrocuted if she bites on a wire or a light? I haven't managed to see an artificial tree with lights displayed close enough for me to see exactly how they stay on. Can you guys share your experiences with me so I'll know what kind of tree to get? Thanks. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Usually they are built in to the tree and the lights are at the end of the "branchs"

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The lights definitely pose a danger to our pets. Nibbling on the wires can cause electrocution. Take care that your pet doesn't play on your christmas tree. Also think about all the hooks on bulbs and ornaments that could get wrapped around a leg or their neck. Anything stringy is something a cockatiel can get wrapped up in, caught on, end up dead, or injured as a result.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts