Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beautiful Charlie is indeed loosing all of his beautiful pearls. I need to get a before and after picture of him. You'd not recognize him. Anyways, my question is this. Charlie's tail feathers were yellow. Since he's a male pearl are they going to go grey just like the rest of his formally yellow feathers? The poor boy is shedding his tail feather left, right and everywhere and I'm curious as to what color will replace them. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Lucky has lost all his pearls too. When he's done moulting Charlie will look like a normal grey. As he is a male his tailfeathers should be a solid grey in time.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Changing his spots

The final molt will most likely leave him pearlless. I have one male pearl who still has a few on his wings but I can't be sure he's gone through his second molt. He was this way when I got him and all she said was that he was one of last years babies. That's kind of a lot of territory age wise. White Feather Wing Cockatiel Tail
I had to really cut the pic down but you can see what he's still sporting after his first molt.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think he is pied.... I need to take some pictures and you all can tell me... but since I got a new computer I can't find the program to install so that I can get my photos off my camera. =)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Go to the website of your camera manufacturer and download the software. Almost all have this available.
Mikey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts