Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family has had Tiels as pets before, but usually the tiels dont meet each other. My cousin and I are really close and back in February we both got our own pet cockatiels for the first time. Her Tiel is a male whiteface named Timmy, he's three years old. Mine is a cinimmon pastel face that is just shy of being 4 months old. We got them from the same breeder. Timmy was depressed and plucking his feathers because his eggs would never hatch, so the breeder decided it would be best to find him a new home where he would be the only Tiel so he got plenty of attention. My uncle (her dad) has had lots of birds as pets before, but currently Timmy is the only bird they have. Well, long story short, my aunt kicked my uncle and my cousin out of the house and so they are staying with me temporarily. I am pretty sure my Tiel is a girl because she's a cinnamon and her father was a cinnamon. Both birds are tame and handle well, no behavior problems. Timmy tries desperately to get mines attention, her name is Nova. He whistles, asks "Whatcha doing?" makes kiss noises at her, heart wings, everything. But where he use to be a breeding bird, my cousin and I are afraid of letting them out at the same time to play together. Should we keep them separated?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

As long as you are doing hormone control, they should be fine to play together. Just because he was a breeder bird doesn't mean he sees all hens as mates. He just likes being around other birds. http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=32330 this sticky has info on hormone control.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! We really wanted to be able to let them play together if we could. Timmy gets so excited when he sees Nova

1 - 3 of 3 Posts