Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Ziggy's come it seems that her hormones have calmed down ALOT- she doesn't do the tail up dance (which she did very often) BUT she seems to have taken the habit of sitting there chewing and nibbling on things like the string part of her toy or the blanket on their cage...also tries to nibble my finger nails during head scritches...any ideas? The blanket is what she chews the most though...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I dunno, both my girls like to hold my fingers when i'm giving them head scratches. I'm really not sure why. Cookie will sit for hours chewing a stringy bit on her toy too, maybe she just likes the feel in her beak. :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I'm not really sure either maybe a nervous habit :p Georgie is a chewer as well, she chews the blanket, the wood around my dining room...etc....lol

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Mabey she likes ziggy :D So she stopped trying to get your attention. I also heard that female bugies shred things alot mabey it is the same for cockatiels. Spike likes to chew on things though too.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Earl nibbles alot of things E.G string on toys, perches, the carpet when they are out, and fake flowers which they land on then i get them off, they are so naughty:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts