Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted everyone's thoughts on quarantine, I have my Georgie and Ollie currently seperated I have had georgie about 6-7wks and Ollie for 2 1/2 weeks they are in seperate cages in different parts of the house they both came from the same breeder and were exposed to each other when young, I am ok with keeping them seperated although its hard...lol because they both love to ride around on the head and shoulder everywhere, but I guess my question would be how bad would it be if they were around each other at this point both are healthy normal poops etc.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i think you are safe...

They are from the same breeder, they were exposed to the same things, and if it's been almost 3 weeks already you should be fine. Good luck :)

Kirby
Thanks Kirby I appreciate the feedback :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Personally i'm all for a full quarantine. I had a scary experience with one of my budgies when i first got him. He appeared in perfect health for the first 2 weeks of quarantine and i was getting a bit slack with it (letting him be in the same room as my other budgie), then he got sick and i was kicking myself for being so stupid to take the chance. You've only got another week and a half to go, i would wait it out. :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally i'm all for a full quarantine. I had a scary experience with one of my budgies when i first got him. He appeared in perfect health for the first 2 weeks of quarantine and i was getting a bit slack with it (letting him be in the same room as my other budgie), then he got sick and i was kicking myself for being so stupid to take the chance. You've only got another week and a half to go, i would wait it out. :)
ok thanks Bea :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts