Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this sunday sparkles quarantine is over i am curious how they will react i no they both been at the bedroom door not at the same time as when one is out of the cage the other is in and the bedroom door is always kept shut but boy stretch can,t wait when he is at the door he starts to tap it with no mercy now sparkles don,t act like a male at all no wolf whistle no talking no bopping her head up and down no tapping the dresser like a woodpecker when she is out she sits on my shoulder all the time and she does hiss as well but she loves the back of the monitor where all the heat is so sunday will be interesting

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I am curious to see how they get along as well, I am sure they will do great might take a bit of getting use to but they will be fine ;)

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i no sparkles was not to be taken out of quarantine till tomoror but i took her out tonight i then washed all the walls and floor with water and vinagerset up the cage for the three new tiels then i went and got them let me explain why i went there today and i been there several times this week it must have just passed me bye why i don,t no but this is what was in there cage 1 perch 1 water dish 1 food dish thats all there was no toys nothing to play with at all i put them in the cage and i noticed shadow had some blood dripping from him i checked him over and yup broken blood feather so i carefully took the rest of it out had some cornstarch right beside me just incase all went well he is doing great yes the feathers are scruffy looking but with some good nutrition and a proper diet the feathers will look just like new cinny has no head crown i think i may have a plucker but that to will grow back in time but i,m more worried about my pied she looks ok but looks can be decieving as she was playing with the preening toy i hung up in the cage she stretched her neck and no feathers on her neck at all so i called my friends ex wife asked her about the food he gave her she can,t say for the last 6 months but before that this is the diet and boy did i call him and give him a what for and 2 and 3 and 4 diet was budgie seed yes you read right budgie seed no wonder they went crazzy for the spray millet then i thawed some birdie bread boy did they devour that they were starving so i,m glad i went and got them tonight

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I would watch and see who is plucking Cinny's crest she wouldn't be able to pluck her own if it continues they might need to be seperated.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am with plukie on this one i also think you did the right thing by getting them earlier than you origanally said. I too would also keep an eye on them to see who is plucking her crest :(

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It is a shame that her crest is being plucked! :( I would keep an eye on her, and try and find out who is doing this to her, they may need to be seperated. :)

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i,m guessing the wf is the plucker pied no neck feathers cinamon pearl no crown but they love the preener toy in there and cinny loves to play with the swing

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You can't be for sure, until you see them actually pluking them, if you do see the WF plucking them, the WF may have to be seperated from them two! :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I would keep an eye on the wf if you think its him, if he is the plucker he needs to be seperated from the other tiels.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok a former breeder where i live just left and i was talking to my friends mom as well here is what i been told elen did say the feathers are scruffy looking but they are going through a molt right now all 3 of them so this should be ok when the new feathers come in now i talked to him mom who i think is such a nice lady she did say that shadow and the pied just had a clutch of 5 chicks then she told me that even though there was a nest box her son did not put the other female in a seperate cage so that may explain the feather condition then she told me some other things wich made me upset with my friend he would only clean the cage once a month and when he did if the tiels came near him he would jerk his hand away so that the tiels would either be thrown against the cage wall or fall to the floor and this was the diet they had budgie seed no toys one perch she did tell me she told her son either find a home for the birds bye the end of march or she was reporting him to the humain society then i found out he is not moving to BC but just to london ontario i then told her i,m sorry but from what i saw and being a past foster home for guinea pigs for the humain society i had to report this to them so now they are involved it is not a bad case but give me 1-3 months and you will see a big change in them i need to find someone to give there claws a good trimming hint hint lori on the lighter side they are playing with the swing and the preening toy it was nice to see them play

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok while i was on my computer in the bedroom i heard stretch chattering up a storm then i saw pied pipper and cinny going back and forth on the longest perch it was so cute

1 - 20 of 25 Posts