Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boyfriend and I finally finished the pvc playgym we've had in mind

I believe the total cost came to about 50$ (we went a little over board.. with a lot of pieces left over)

40Ft of PVC piping (we bought 50 ft)
32 Tee connectors
75 feet of sisal rope (the pictures dont have all of the sisal rope I used. Im thinking about going and getting some vet wrap to make the area more colorful!)
2 end caps
8 corner pieces

the pieces are really cheap, and for every 10 feet the PVC 1/2 inch piping was only 1.89 *depends on where you live

I basically drew out the design I wanted, did a guess-timate on the size based on the table we were doing it on. it took a little trial and error. but we figured it out.

we did a 1/2 inch pvc tubing - that hard kind (the soft kind squishes) along with end caps. The metal is all stainless steel - we used a slip bolt to make sure pixel can't twist the bolts off, it holds it in place. We made sure any places we cut where soften downed with a dremel.
I made sure to wipe it down and used bird friendly disinfectant.
The rope is all natural sisal rope.
It looks really large, but we plan on adding more perches and branches, ropes, etc. After a while it should look more fun ^..^ We might change it up after a while.. I now have Pixels bath on there, you can see the connector on the first picture on the left corner on the bottom.
Compared to how much it would of been for a play gym of the same size I saved quite a bit.

Working on a coconut toy next!

any one else have any PVC birdy jungle gyms they would like to share?

Pixel isnt sure at this moment on what to do yet. But I'm hoping with more time he will do more.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Wow, that is awesome.. what a very lucky birdie!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My boyfriend thinks all of my pets are over spoiled. My kids will never be, but at least the animals seem to appreciate things.. LOL

thank you Renae :3 it was a lot of work. Was a great bonding experience with my bf and Pixel :3

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have to make that!! Do you mind if I copy?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not at all! Go right ahead
its about 28 inches by 16 inches and about 36 inches high at the highest point.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much Dianne! It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. now if i can get her to use it XD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts