Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Pumpkin looks good. I'm not sure what you mean by what you can expect from an 8 week old. Do you mean behavior?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean behavior wise, and can 8 week old tiels learn to speak, or does that come later. She picked up whistling for me rather quickly. Right now she just seems to set at her feed dish, when I do come in to play, she will jump on all of her perches and show off, she will also flap her wings if I praise her. Anything else I can expect? This is my first cockatiel, and I have three books I have read, but it really doesn't say in what stages or age can I expect certain behavior. I thought having a baby would be easier to tame. Is this wrong of me to think this way?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Seems like he's learning that stuff awfully quickly. Are you sure he's 8 weeks? In my experience that kind of thing doesn't really show up 'till closer to 12 weeks. 8 weeks would be very young to be weaned as well. With this kind of thing showing up already I'd have to say you have a boy. Females generally will do a contact call and a few other vocalizations but they are usually single syllable calls. Other than that at 8 weeks your baby will be a bit needy and will probably beg for you 'till he gets a little older. You will probably see a lot of wing flapping to strengthen their chest muscles. He should be pretty playful soon as well.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Gorgeous 'tiel. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts