Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Progress
I used a treat stick with Beta to get him to completely get on my hand. I e never felt so proud and relieved with him and myself. I think we’re bonding. He doesn’t like my finger alone but will trust the palm of my hand.

I slowly placed him inside his cage after being outside of it for 10 hours.

Setback
I Greyson would never go near my hand, but today he started to eat from it. However, I had thought he fell from on top of his cage so instinctively I grabbed him, not rough, and placed him gently in his cage. Once he was in my hands, I realized I f’ed up and tried to make the experience for Greyson has painless as possible.

To gauge each tile, I fed them some millets. They both ate some. Before when i had to put them in their cages (several days ago before I knew better and became a member here) they wouldn’t take anything from me. Turn their backs on me. Even though I messed up... is this still a good sign?

Also, I’ve been advised to get them a single cage. Very large. Since they like each other’s company. They are siblings. =]

The reason why I had to put them in the cages is that they go to bed around this time. They’ve both been outside of them for more than 10 hours. =]

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
It sounds like you are making great progress. Keep it up!!

As for getting them a cage together, if they get along fine then that should be OK.

·
Registered
200 Posts
sound great :) younger tiels can be more forgiving , I'm sure Greyson will put it behind him! As for having them out so long, just remember when you get the new cage to set up a routine , so that they want to be in the cage too , unless you work from home or can provide them with 10 hours out every day. 4-6 hours is usually all I can do so I make sure the cage is fun too :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts