Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my cockatiels seem to be slightly pulling on their feathers. Alot of smaller feathers come out. Never the larger feathers. I'm sure this question is asked alot. Just curious. Is this plucking or preening or molting?

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
Remember, in many cases, molting can be downright painful and stressing to birds so yes, they may do a little extra preening just to relive some of that discomfort.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sucks too because I just rescued them from people in a tiny cage. They're now in a very big cage, so I'm sure they're a bit stressed as well. I keep panicking because I'm scared I won't know enough to keep them happy and healthy. I give them space to adapt but every single thing they do I think something's wrong or they're unhappy. 🤦 I need to just relax I guess.

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
Yes Camile, you do need to relax. It will simply take time for them to get use to that bigger cage and probably NOT being taken very good care of. It's a GREAT sign that you care so much for these tiels but you don't want to make yourself sick with worry. By all means, keep me posted on your progress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.