Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

901 - 914 of 914 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Christmas toys!
These are the fid's stockings fire Christmas.
What i used:
A bit of dilluted food dye
Coffee filters
flour and water paste and a tooth pick
Various seeds and treats
A bit of string

I dyed and cut 2 stocking shapes and then glued them together with the paste, leaving room for treats inside. Then, i stuffed them with millet and cooked pumkin seeds and decorated the outside. I finished them with the initials of each bird and a loop of sissel to hang by.
The larger ones are for the cockateils, which are about 3 inches tall and the smaller ones are for the budgies which are about 2.5 inches tall. I know the fids will love them <3 even if they're only around for a day! Lol
in order, Zoo, Vixen, Dolly and Clover

·
Registered
104 Posts

Some toys i made this morning. How does one efficiently put holes in pop cycle sticks? Lol

And thank you very much! They are going to enjoy them i think

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Just wanted to say theres a website called Northernparrots.com you can buy lots of bird stuff but you can also buy stuff to make your own toys and they cheap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I make all mine from simple toys to foraging pouches. anything dyed I use either vegetable dye or food colouring. here is a few

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where can you find the unbleached rope to make more toys? I took a some copper wite and covered it in beads and made a curly cue...need to take pics :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Made some new toys. one seagrass mat with loofah, paper and wood items tied on with sisal rope. the other is a branch cut up and pine squares/beads on stainless steel chain. all coloured with food dye :)

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I made this toy using materials I got from mysafebirdstore.com.
I used: Hemp rope ($1.99), Sola beads with hole 1/2 ounce ($3.49), Mini pod cup 6 pack ($2.79), and Crinkle paper 2 oz ($1.00). I know that seems like a lot for one toy but you will have a lot of crinkle paper, sola beads, and hemp rope left over to use on other toys. I put about 5 sola beads in between every pod cup and filled the cups with crinkle paper and treats. Chipper loves taking all the crinkle paper out and throwing it on the floor. Sorry these pictures aren't the best he watched me make it so once I was done he was already playing.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Paper

Where did you get the roll of paper? My babies would love the paper, they do not like the popcycle sticks .. they ignore them, but I know the paper will occupy them for hours.:pied:

901 - 914 of 914 Posts