Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
21 - 40 of 915 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
i find them here at wal mart. I love them. I got a site that will ship to you bea. You would have to email them for shipping though but i know they will ship to you. Let me get it up.

http://www.birdyboredombusters.com/beads_for_bird_toys.html

Look at the neon poney beads. they are a great price here. I can get a package of 750 for about $6-7 here.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I actually had a look at that site the other day! :)

Just wanted to note that i've made this thread a sticky so it doesn't get lost in other posts, lots of great ideas here.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hanging the rope from the roof is a simple but a great idea! Well done on using the doggy toy rope.We might try something like that!!:D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Yet another toy i've made, LOL!! The tiels destroyed their ladder with the till roll, so i remade it with just one rung to hold the till roll, and used the beads to finish this one i had started.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Very creative bea. I bet they will love it.
This one will go to the budgies, anything with paddle pop sticks gets destroyed in seconds if i put it in the tiel cage. :rolleyes: I like to see my work whole and beautiful for at *least* a few days.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I think I will check out Walmart and maybe some craft stores in the near future and ask my daughter...lol if she will help me :p she is so crafty and maybe we can come up with some good toy ideas.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Yes try wal-mart craft section. They also have these which i find great.

They add color to anything. They also have those little button parts that was on bea's perchs there. 1 pound for about $11 which is a lot of pieces lol.

These are the button parts i found as wal mart.

I've yet to buy any because i don't know what to use them for lol

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
My beads got here! Here's a toy i just made, another way to make use of a till roll.

And another!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
WOW! Everyone is so creative around here. I love the "toilet roll" toy idea, and the idea of putting till rolls on bird toys is great. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
this is a site i want to order from but waiting for money to buy stuff. thers alot of good toy parts here. just got to have lots of money to order from there first.
http://www.craftparts.com/mall/birdtoyswood%20parts.asp

i like it. then to make your wood color full. order some of this
http://www.vitacritter.com/index.htm

then for all plastic beads go here
parrotdiseperch.com
find your own cotton rope and a way to go. lol.

well its good for canadians and peeps in the U.S i geuss not to good for people in other area's in the world. but
birdyboredombusters. com does ship worrld wide and they have some cool stuff to

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Some "Shredders" i ordered from My Parrot Shop arrived today so i made:

And as i was on a roll i kept on making. First is a little dice toy.

And this is just too adorable if you ask me! I pulled apart a cheap olympic ring toy and added pony beads before putting it together again. I was going to glue it, but i found it to be unnecessary!

And in other exciting news mum cleaned out a draw in my/her desk and i've used it for toy making supplies!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Bea, you are so amazing at it!! All the supplies much cost you a bit though.How much do you spend on it all? like the bits and pieces for the toys :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
great toys Bea I really like the ones with the dominoes thats very interesting :D
maybe you could teach Bailee and Cookie how to play :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Bea, you are so amazing at it!! All the supplies much cost you a bit though.How much do you spend on it all? like the bits and pieces for the toys :)
Well i reuse bells, quick links, o-rings, large beads, etc - so those bits cost me nothing! ;) I've spent about $50 lately on bits and pieces, but when you think about what all these toys would've cost to buy... ;)

21 - 40 of 915 Posts