Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1600 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just put together the new bird mansion! Now I gotta go buy some new toys. I don't want to put all the old dirty ripped up toys in the new cage :p

Of course Newb wants to sit on the door instead of inside XD

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is Puck's cage. What do you guys think?
Its measurements are 33.86in wide x 33.86 in high x 19.69 in deep.
(If I converted that correctly from my original measurements in centimeters, haha :p)

I've yet to take a picture of it with Puck and his stuff in there. The layout changes pretty regularly, but I keep forgetting to order more perches (including rope ones for the outside) and I haven't really had any time to go outside and look for safe wood from the area.
The first picture came off the internet (screenshot) from the previous owner's ad, but it shows of the size of the thing really well. And the second one with some stuff actually inside it (but from when I had my parrotlets)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Georgie's new cage! King of the mansion! Gotta love Avi One parrot cages.

Got some exciting new toys on the way for him, too. Can't wait to see how he reacts!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wow this post has been going a few years now! lol I will get a picture of my temporary aviary tomorrow! It's a 3feet by 6 feet shed that we converted. We have done a diagonal security door to maximise flight space. It houses all my birds in my signature lol yes I know that's a lot of birds for such a small aviary but it was meant to be TEMPORARY but that is where they have been for 2.5 years with no issues. Hopefully we can get the permanent one built this year once we are settled in to our new house.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is Pucks cage. Size is roughly 35 inches high and wide, and 21 inches deep. Puck seems to really enjoy 'sunbathing' hence the current setup (first picture) of his cage, partially in front of the window. Half the cage stays within the shadows at all times, though!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oooh, I want to post my cage. It’s not quite done yet, cause I’m still waiting on a few things to arrive. What’s the best image host to share images?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I added a cage.
The new cage (in the middle) is 24.8×20.8×30 all the bars are vertical, but very sturdy.
Cage on left is 26×14×22.5 and cage on right is 20×16×29

Sent from my Galaxy s8

·
Registered
4 Posts
Riley and Bailey are in an A&E flight cage, which seems to be a common choice for many cockatiel owners.

I have several different kinds of perches, including the 2 that came with it, in the cage and in addition to 2 swings. Also, lots of kabobs. I also get these 36 inch bamboo chains for $3.49 apiece on eBay, which my tiels absolutely enjoy chewing on. There's also a mirror in there for Riley. There's newspaper on the bottom of the cage to make it easier for them to walk on. Riley will tent it and even chew on it. There's also cuttlebone holder with a cuttlebone in it.

The stand got damaged in the move to WI 5½ months ago so that's why it's sitting on the floor.

(Riley is also in it. He's hiding behind Bailey.)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is my bird’s cage. I’ve only had it and the Alice for about a month, so we don’t have a bunch of fancy stuff yet.

She's much better at climbing the bars and doesn’t climb the ladder anymore to get to the top perches, so I’ll pribably rearrange the cage and use the ladder for a swing near the top next time I pull the perches out for cleaning.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow! They all look so great! I'm taking notes on setups and will share pics soon - but pretty excited because we recently took in a cockatiel that came with her cage, a tiny 18"x 18" x 20" and JUST got the new one last night in the mail - a roomy 31" x 21" x 53" flight cage! Its looking pretty bare even with the toys from the old one. Happy Bird!

1561 - 1580 of 1600 Posts