Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1600 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Love your cage bjknight!
I was very happy to buy this cage second hand, and afte a good clean and some minor repairs my birds have a lovely big transition cage to live in before they move outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I got Autumn a new, smaller cage, because she seemed to feel lost in the other one and had trouble getting around. I love the new one, and she seems to as well!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Finally these last couple of weeks where on built and re-built and re-arrange after getting the cage, setting it next to the window and having all of her perches ready to go, SO! I can show you her cage as it is at the moment and she's quite happy jumping here and there all the time hehe. I'll add some more toys along the way as soon as I figure out her prefered spots etc :p. Again thanks to everybody for their support on making good choices ( proven to be perfect! ).

·
Registered
14 Posts
current and future cages.

Hi, I have had my first cockatiel "Chappie" for three weeks now and he has the liberta jintu house shaped cage but i feel its to small for him, however He is very happy and doesnt really move off of his perch near his food unless he wants to come down for tickles or is being let out. I am going to buy a large flight cage this week but all the affordable ones only have vertical bars, is this ok? I have inserted picture of my current cage and two cages i am considering.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi, I have had my first cockatiel "Chappie" for three weeks now and he has the liberta jintu house shaped cage but i feel its to small for him, however He is very happy and doesnt really move off of his perch near his food unless he wants to come down for tickles or is being let out. I am going to buy a large flight cage this week but all the affordable ones only have vertical bars, is this ok? I have inserted picture of my current cage and two cages i am considering.
Vertical bars are just fine :) I would go with the cage in the middle. The really tall cage would be a lot of wasted space, they'd just sit at the very top :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finally these last couple of weeks where on built and re-built and re-arrange after getting the cage, setting it next to the window and having all of her perches ready to go, SO! I can show you her cage as it is at the moment and she's quite happy jumping here and there all the time hehe. I'll add some more toys along the way as soon as I figure out her prefered spots etc :p. Again thanks to everybody for their support on making good choices ( proven to be perfect! ).

Love your perches inside the cage. Are they bendable??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice idea; here you have mine:

Measures (in cm): 68 lenght x 34 wide x 89 tall

This pic is a little old, as from time to time I make some changes of toys and other things to mantain them entertained when they are inside (outside they have some toys, some special food, and me to entertain them :rolleyes:).

Rara avis.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry picture is sideways lol. First time of posting pic. Didn't notice it was this way before I posted it��

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can someone tell me why my pics r uploading sideways and how to change them? Also how to make them bigger? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Can someone tell me why my pics r uploading sideways and how to change them? Also how to make them bigger? Thanks so much!
Not sure why the pictures are loading sideways, but I'm using Flickr and I just load the BBcode into the comment box. Not sure how that would work if you're using a phone.

and to make sure this post is relevant....(Kinda)

August, my Pi, in his new cage:

August's new cage by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

I need to take a newer picture of the aviary, LOL

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
1541 - 1560 of 1600 Posts