Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1600 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Wicked cool cages, guys! Love seeing so many people like their cages close to the computer, too, LOL

·
Registered
769 Posts
Do you think i should change my birds cage? Its something like this, but a bit taller and wider. (this is not their cage, only something like it) Canary-Parakeet-Cockatiel-Lovebird-Finch-Bird-Cage-18x14x20h-0.jpg

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yes Nimra, you definitely need a much bigger cage for all those birds. You'll need something like the cage in the very first post of this thread. A flight cage. Cockatiels need enough room to be able to spread their wings out fully, enough room to play and have their own space. You've got two cockatiels plus two budgies so that calls for a much much larger cage than the one you posted a photo of. Are you able to post an actual photo of your cage?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Here is not a very good photo of the cages I had my cockatiels in until recently. I had one in each. Now they share one but in this pic im giving them some sun. This is probably the minimum size id recommend for your birds Nimra. I'm hesitant to even put 3 cockatiels in one of these because I worry there's not enough room.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
This is Rockos cage I took this picture the last time I cleaned his cage but I have a different set up now and got him new toys.

Heres Loki's Cage not much in it yet but it will be soon.

Also my bedroom isnt red and white anymore its blue so look at the photo as if its in a blue room lol

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Still a work in progress, but here is Joey's new flight cage. The picture makes it look squashed somehow, and not as tall as it actually is. Forgive the mess on the floor. His paper was changed this morning, but he has a new shredable toy so the floor is a disaster.

The lighting is also bad, but the pic gives an idea of what things look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Here is Milo's cage, it was also JoJo's cage. Its pretty big, but I love that he has a lot of room to play in and stretch his wings. It has different perches, grapevine and other bigger perches, and more toys in it now.

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Here is not a very good photo of the cages I had my cockatiels in until recently. I had one in each. Now they share one but in this pic im giving them some sun. This is probably the minimum size id recommend for your birds Nimra. I'm hesitant to even put 3 cockatiels in one of these because I worry there's not enough room.
I am really sorry I never replied. I will follow your advice and move the cockatiels in another cage. Thanks for your response. :)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Missy's pad!

*DISCLAIMER: The bar spacing of this cage is too wide for cockatiels. I have a mesh that I put around it when I'm not home.*

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Ozzie and Harriet's digs! :) (Harriet's currently molting so she looks a little scruffy, little dear <3)

*DISCLAIMER: The bar spacing of this cage is too wide for cockatiels. I have a mesh that I put around it when I'm not home.*

They're all getting more toys and foraging toys to keep them busy once my cabirdnerds and MSBS boxes get here. :)
I eventually want to get a double flight cage (the side by side kind) and get rid of the ferret nation. Until then, I'm trying to make do and make sure it's as safe and comfortable as possible for the little ones!

I also feel like Ozzie and Harriet's cage can be a bit dark at times (especially on dreary days like today). They spend about half their day out of the cage, but... :/
Would a lamp on each side of their cage be too much? I'm open to any suggestions at all!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
This is my indoor aviary that houses 9 cockatiels. They're out of the cage pretty much all the time during daylight hours anyway, but we ended up with so many birds it made sense to have one large shared space to maintain rather that several smaller cages.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I'm uber jealous of your birds' digs, bjknight! :O

I added some new toys and whatnot since my orders came yesterday, so here are new photos! ^_^

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Oh WOW!!! Your cage is amazing... I wish my cage was like that! :eek:
Beautiful birds btw and your cage is lovely! ;)
Thank you! :D I'm pretty happy with it, other than the bar spacing being too large. I take precautions though and we haven't had any issues thus far. :)

Thanks again! They definitely have fun in there! :D

1521 - 1540 of 1600 Posts