Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1600 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
NEW CAGE! Mesh is going up tonight for when we're gone and not watching them, to prevent any accidents. :) Probably leave mesh up permanently on the top half for Harriet's sake and for extra measure.

I bought it for $70 used. It's the Midwest 142 ferret cage (I think the same as MeannyFids?).

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Oooo I like it :D what do they think of it?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Harriet loves it! Ozzie was a little freaked out over it (some seed calmed the wuss down - as soon as I stuck in the food bowl he started eating). And Missy just sat on the same perch for about an hour, just taking it all in. :D Now she's all over the place, playing, eating, and...uhm....I think she's due for some hormone control again. *facepalm*

It was hard not to say anything. XD I didn't want to post until I'd had everything cleaned and set up! I bought it on Tuesday evening, then spent til Friday cleaning, soaking, and scrubbing everything to be safe for the fids.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just spent way too much money on this cage, but I've been meaning to buy a big one anyways

Now just to fill it up with stuff :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cage for now is 18x18 x 32

ImageUploadedByPG Free1416006467.955701.jpg

I picked up this 33x23x34 flight cage around the corner at a neighbors for $25 it needs to be cleaned and sanitized so i figure it should be ready in a few months

ImageUploadedByPG Free1416006601.783903.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is Zoozoo's cage. It was only $85! It is so big. He loves it but it does not have enough toys yet lol

I bought it locally from someone who upgraded for their conures <3 The cages is really beautiful in person because its actually silvery and black. Very gorgeous. And Zoo loves the space- his old cage was about 20x12x25 :( poor babe <3 but all is well now.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That looks like a great setup!
Since you asked, here is how the comment should be written:

Here is the cage for my four birds.
It's made from a smaller one.

I am an English teacher :).

·
Registered
93 Posts
my set up

so after looking for a third cage i have found one...i have had to change the living room around so they all fit....im hoping eventually the 5 of them will be in two cages but all good if not...excuse the mess thats just from last night!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's a little tall but it's much more space than her last and I got a GREAT deal on it. I was going to buy seed cups for the cup holders but Banana enjoys climbing on and through them so much I just left them that way.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
This is my Happy New Year present for the flock... A new cage!!

This photo doesn't do this bird mansion justice. It is massive. I'm happy that they get along well enough now to all live together. :thumbu:

·
Registered
26 Posts
spoiled tiels!!!

View attachment 58498

I read somewhere get the biggest cage you can or you will constantly be cage shopping!! I shopped for weeks online. I may have gone a little overboard, cage is meant for large parrots but Dezi and Lucy love it! But I have 1 dog and 2 cats so they do not get out all the time so I wanted lots of space for them. bar spacing is 5/8; measures 61" H x 42" W x 26" D
:cinnamon pearl:
and I got a great deal on the cage!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I should be bringing my new baby home in about two weeks. I got his/her cage assembled today and put the fun stuff in it. I have more toys but they came without clips to hang them. So, after I get clips I can hang the rest of the toys.

·
Registered
507 Posts

I thrifted a small California Cage for Cheeko, so the grey chickens are back in the full F040 for now :D

EDIT: The next day I found an Avian Adventures Loro, so I had to reorganize to make room...

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Excellent cages, everyone! :clap:

1501 - 1520 of 1600 Posts