Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two adorable babies came in today at the mom-and-pop pet store where I work. I am very seriously considering getting the WF pied baby. I really like the look of the WF pearl, but, even though he isn't super fearful I'm partial to the pied (they're both a little bit unsure, but the pied is a bit more outgoing). Aaand I love those pretty pearls, and I'd be a teeny bit disappointed if the pearl turned out to be a male and eventually lose those pearls.

But my Dad said no. (I am the only one involved in my birds' care and costs. My birds also currently have their own separate room.) His reason was he told my younger sister that she could not have a hamster, therefore it would not be "fair" for me to add another bird to my flock.

I'm more than likely moving to another state sometime around Sept-Oct. So, if I can work this out, I'm going to be keeping the baby at the store until my move. I'm still thinking things through, so there's not even any guarantee I'll even be getting another bird, but just thought I'd share pics of the cuties! :)

(You'll have to excuse the mess! They threw their greens everywhere and this photo was taken just before the bedding change. :) )

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
They are both very cut but I can see why you are drawn to the pearled. She's very striking.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I do love a whiteface, I had Pip for over ten years, but I also always wanted a pearl. Now I have both, one each and the pearl is a hen so she'll keep her pearls, yay. It's a really hard decision, not sure I could decide...they are both so cute so maybe a good idea to watch their characters for a bit to help decide...

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Awww, they are adorable!! How old are they? You're so lucky that you get to work there! :)

If it were me deciding I would get the WF pied. He/she just looks too sweet to resist. They are both absolute cutie pies though and I'm sure they'd both make wonderful companions. :love:

·
Registered
786 Posts
They are both so cute. I would have a hard time choosing too! Maybe wait till they grow a bit and see which one seems to be more attached to you? Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So they're both still at the store and I ended up buying the little pied tonight! :) S/he's in quarantine until Sept. 24th. (Luckily, the folks where I work are beyond awesome and they're allowing me to keep the baby at the store in the back until I'm ready to take him home.)

I bought the best cage I could get for quarantine but without taking up too much space in our little breakroom. (18x18x24) And also seed and pellets to keep at the store as well as a java perch and swing to add to the bare cage and a couple of small toys. I'll also be taking some veggie mash to stick in the freezer there for him/her too. :)
I'm not sure I can wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! I may try to get a DNA test. Avian Biotech would be the best one to go with, correct? Or did I get that mixed up?

S/he is SO little compared to Ozzie and Missy! Pretty scared after being moved from the main area away from his buddies, but wow what a cutie! <# Can't wait to get to know him/her more. ;v;

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Yay! :clap: Aww that little face is just too sweet :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Soooo so cute, I love his/her spots :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts