Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hercules (as some will know from my previous posts) when jumping from his cage landed on his left wing and broke a large feather. I am unsure if I should find a vet or will it grow back. He does not seem to be in any pain, is eating and drinking as normal and still is loving his long rubs and scratches. He is his usual self other than the feather. Anyone any advice or experience of this? Many thanks..

From my mobile communications network

·
Registered
67 Posts
Was there any blood? Is he holding his wing normally? If no blood and he's holding his wing normal (not drooping or crooked) he's probably fine. The feather will grow back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. He is his normal self other that that large feather, is eating as much is playful as ever. He is not holding the wing and it is not drooping either.
Since I posted here I have read that breaking these and tail feathers when they are young is quite common, so much relieved .

Thanks again. Ed

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again. The broken feather came of today when he again jumped off his cage. There was so blood where it broke but it was not bleeding. I held him a little after he fell and he was climbing all over me as usual - his new favourite thing is to nibble at my beard and cheeks - he is now back on his cage preening away at both wings and he seems absolutely fine.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts