Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a cockatiel called Bean. My birds (5 budgies, 2 tiels and birdsitting 2 more tiels) have free range of the living room during the day. We have tried to bird proof it but it seems we have failed miserably and will no longer be doing so.

The reason for my post is that yesterday I came home to a cable chewed through. There was no electricity in that part of the room, I had to flip the breaker switch. I had hoped everyone was okay, but that same evening I noticed someone had regurgitated some seed. Not too much.

This evening I noticed that there was more regurgitated seed in one of the cages, there was none during the day but they spent most of their day out of the cage. I weighed both the possible suspects and realised that Bean only weighed 83 grams (usually just around 90 this late in the day).

I saw him eating quite a lot, and then shortly after he shook and regurgitated it all. I tried feeding him some Harrison's recovery formula but he became very stressed. I will be trying again in the morning.

Does anyone have any other advice?

Regards,
Hanna from Iceland

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If there was no electricity it is not electric shock. It could be metal poisoning, as the metal contained in cables can be highly toxic to birds.
I am no expert, but I would advise you to go to a vet ASAP just to be sure. I hope Bean feels better soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts