Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This morning I was spraying my little Gizmo while I was showering. He was sitting on the top of shower screen doing his usual dance. I noticed what looked like a clumping of millet on his chest. Upon finishing the shower and holding him in a towel, I had further inspection. While laying on his back, I ran my fingers through his wet feathers, and didn't notice anything.

Is this just his crop being full? He would of probably eaten maybe an hour earlier while I was eating breakfast, but its the first time I've seen it. He is also molting at the moment, and has quite a few new feather coming through in that area. Am I just over reacting? Is it just with him being wet, having quite a few new feather coming in, it made the crop so much more visible? I just don't want it to be a disgestive issue, and food getting stuck there. He hasn't shown any signs of being ill. Eating, talking, singing and flying still as often as ever.

He is my first bird, and not had issue in first 2 years, so quite inexperienced about the crop, and whats normal.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
They stuff themselves first thing in the morning. So yes it very well could be the crop being super full. Pictures of it if you see it again would help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts