Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think adding the tiels to my flock was a great impact on my overall flock. You notice to much when just sit down and watch them. Its not something you really have to think about either. The tiels have brought out a bunch of positive things for the budgies.

I’ve noticed that since the tiels will eat anything the budgies will dig in with them because if the tiels are eating it then it must be good. It helps improve their diet and they all have great fun at it as well

With the budgies I’ve found they will follow the tiels. Well besides Lilly. I was just lying in my bed because I was home, sick, and hugs comes down for some play time with me. As he was walking around down popped sonic. This is something I’m not use to and boy, did he ever look cute walking around on me. Then Peek A Boo pops down to join in the action. It was all really cute while it lasted. Hugs, bing hugs, got bored really fast and flew off to find something better to do.

Having the budgies fly over to me is something I’m not really use to. For a while I could get them to fly to me for millet and lilly has come over a few times. When I first brought the tiels home sonic would fly over to me when one of them were on me. They would share some hand feeding formula together and just hand around on me for short periods of time.

Just love these guys so much. Even if they are loud when i'm sick and trying to sleep.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I think what you're saying makes alot of sense. I noticed my budgies were alot more willing to try new things and eat their plate veggies since the tiels came. They have always been well behaved but they are more aware of their surroundings now.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've noticed a lot. Not only with added the tiels to the flock but peek a boo aswell. Before, when it was just sonic and lilly, they would just fly a loop or two around the room and that would be it. No going all over the room exploring or anything. When we got peek its turned the flock around. They started going places. Landing on many different spots around the room. with each add to my flock something new had been brought out with the budgies and one day you just wake up and it hits you. Today i got hit when 2 little budgies were walking around on me

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Oh good - hopefully mine will do the same. They do like their fruit and veggies but are still a little perhaps nervous of them. I always bite the food before I give it to them anyway, just to show them its ok, I dunno whether they take that in though lol! Maybe another BIRD that eats in will entice them even more! :p

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh good - hopefully mine will do the same. They do like their fruit and veggies but are still a little perhaps nervous of them. I always bite the food before I give it to them anyway, just to show them its ok, I dunno whether they take that in though lol! Maybe another BIRD that eats in will entice them even more
Before, the most i could get my budgies to eat was carrots and a few other things, now its everything, egg, anything green, and anything i will eat lol. Between last night and today i have been drove insane. As if trying to get 2 tiels to behave on you isn't bad enough i also had 2 budgies on me. You can sure get surprised on how much 1 bird can do to a flock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts