Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Here's the deal, my cockateil is pooping seeds... she poops tiny seeds...
She also eats big sunflower seeds, not as much as the small seeds, but she digests them all very well.
She does eat pretty fast so my idea is that she swallows tehm whole...
The seeds did stop coming out on her poop for about 2 weeks, so i really didnt think much about it... But it started back a week ago...
Now she has a green butt, which my vet told me that it means the bird is sick, but i only noticed the green butt today... she only had the green butt once a long time ago...
She is about 3 years old, and is my best friend...
is there anything i should do for her, give her?
Btw, im going to ask my dad if he can take me to the vet monday (today is is friday, midnight)
Oh, and i live in brazil, so that might make things a little more dificult in the since of pellet brands, medicines that i should buy...
(and please dont tell me to take her to the vet, i already know that XD)
PLEASE help... and thanks in advance already!!
Oh yah... she is acting super normal as always(thought that was important to state)

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Can you get ahold of some plain yogurt? Most of the time, undigested seeds in the poop mean that there is an imbalance in the intestinal bacteria and she just needs some probiotics to sort her out (yogurt has probiotics in it). It wont happen over night, but you should see some improvement each day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plain yogurt sound easy enough, i reeaaaalllyy apreciate the quick response!! going to get some tomorow morning!!
In the internet you read the most horrible possibilities ever!! although i know it can be serious i believe its not quite yet!! how should i give her the yogurt? thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Does she like eating things that you do? If so, go ahead and let her see you eat it then offer her some on a spoon. You can do this several times a day to get it into her system.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
I just had this problem with one of my birds. She wouldn't eat the yogurt but I got probiotic capsules and put that in her water (3 capsules to 1 gallon of water) and within a week the problem cleared up. But I would try the yogurt first! Let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Does she like eating things that you do? If so, go ahead and let her see you eat it then offer her some on a spoon. You can do this several times a day to get it into her system.
Just wanted to add, DON'T feed her off the same spoon that you put in your mouth. The bacteria in our saliva can cause infection in birds, and that's the last thing she needs if her good intestinal bacteria are already messed up. But Roxy's advice is a good way to get her to eat it. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes she does eat things that i eat!!
Okay!! I wont touch the spoon in my mouse!! i'll just pretend!! haha thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts