Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering do you guys always get pooped on because I dont much because as much as I would love to have the tiels on me they poop lol so I mostly just hold them on my hand away from me but sometimes when im walking with him on his harness wearing my white huaraches he manages to get poop on them which it would be bad if he pooped on them in a certain place because the stain could last but when I wear other shoes poop never gets on them.I think the next thing the tiels will be getting is flightsuits.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, getting pooped on is part of owning a bird.
Well not really because you dont have to have them near your clothes.What would you do if you were me and say u were out with Rocko on his harness and he pooped on your shoulder and it left a stain what could u do to make it less noticeable.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Or what you can do is buy some cheapo vests or shirts (like at second hand clothing stores) and cut off the top (make a cut where your chest is or just above) so that when you go out with your bird, you can put that on as a kind of "shoulder cover". Then as soon as one gets dirty, just put it in the wash and then wear a clean one when you go out again. Yes you may get a few stares from people who think you are trying to make a fashion statement :p but who cares about that, right? ;) Feel free to get really funky-looking "covers" to make a statement or get really plain ones so people don't look at you funny. :lol:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Everyone gets pooped on. I've never had it stain, it just washed out but I also don't wear my really good expensive clothes with the birds

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Everyone gets pooped on. I've never had it stain, it just washed out but I also don't wear my really good expensive clothes with the birds
Yeah, I'd be more worried about the birds poking holes in nice clothing than I would be about poop stains. I'm pretty sure Roo thinks she's born to be a seam ripper. >.<

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I get pooped on everyday. It's no big deal to me. I'm immune to it, and frankly it has never bothered me. I wouldn't worry about it staining. I've never had it stain

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
It doesn't bother me either, they are small poops and don't tend to stain. I always keep tissues nearby so if I end up with a poop on me I can clean it up straight away.

...Although there has been the odd time that I haven't realized I've had a poop on me, and then someone points it out, haha. Slightly embarrassing. ;)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont have old clothes and I wouldnt wear old clothes lol I dont mind getting pooped on inside but outside is a big no but he hasnt pooped on my shoulder in a long time I think he knows now not to poop on the shoulder.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've trained both my birds not to poop on me. If I have them on me for a long time of course they do but they try to go somewhere else to not. I just trained them when on their stands, when I see them about to poop I praise them.

"Poopy - good bird" So now they try to get off me to poop then crawl back on me again. They both learnt very quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts