Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My cockatiel's poop keeps changing from green to yellow constantly! He doesn't eat fruit or veggies yet, but I will begin to introduce it to him soon. The white creamy part changes size too, and so does his droppings. He sometimes eats some bread or toast, and he eats his regular seed mix. He is active and sings a lot, and he poops often. Any information and advice would be really appreciated!

·
Registered
103 Posts
A picture might help -- smaller details can be very telling.

Green is a pretty normal color for a seed diet. On a varied diet, or a diet with colored pellets, color changes aren't strange, but I do find yellow alarming. I've only had one 'tiel, but I have never seen yellow droppings before.

I have heard yellow urates (the white part) indicating problems with the liver, but you say these are white. The only thing I can find on yellow feces is a possibility of Chlamydophila psittaci, parrot fever. This is contagious to humans and needs antibiotic to be treated, so keep clean and safe. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet, though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.