Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Polly is gorgeous :love:

Interesting as my Lucky was the same and she tamed up quicker then the rest
dont get me wrong she still isnt tame as yet bet getting there and over such a short period of time its amazing how far have you got with lucky

·
Registered
368 Posts
what a sweetheart ! if only missy could learn to step up as fast as polly !! haha oh well ! So I see you used the closed hand method and it worked very well? did you first have polly step up on ur closed fist and then get her to step up on ur finger?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what a sweetheart ! if only missy could learn to step up as fast as polly !! haha oh well ! So I see you used the closed hand method and it worked very well? did you first have polly step up on ur closed fist and then get her to step up on ur finger?
just straight onto my finger but i did it from behind first and then when she was on came from the front with the other hand got bite and shrugged it off and carryed on and im sure if you keep at it missy will get there i think i just got lucky as polly wasnt hand reard ether

·
Registered
368 Posts
ya Missy isn't hand reared as well... She doesn't run away from my hand until it is really close from her. I don't really ever have a chance that she is turned around but Would I jus act like my fingers a perch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya Missy isn't hand reared as well... She doesn't run away from my hand until it is really close from her. I don't really ever have a chance that she is turned around but Would I jus act like my fingers a perch?
pritty much the idea yes you could use a perch get her on that then try and get her on your hand no harm in trying lots of praise aswell and treats if she gets it right i havent used treats yet but will be buying some apple tomorrow for treats

1 - 15 of 15 Posts