Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently got a 5 week old cockatiel from a breeder who told me he’s weaned, however I found out he’s not when I took him home. The breeder is refusing to take him back or give me advice and I have little experience. My cockatiel is always making a whining sound. I have started to feed my tiel 8cc of Kaytee formula 3 times a day, and put fresh seeds and veggies in his cage. However, he cries nonstop even after I feed him. All of the vets in my town are booked up til February/March. If someone can give me advice on how to take care of my new baby, I would really appreciate it :( I want to make sure I raise him properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi mochi! it could be nice if can attach a picture of your cockatiel. try giving him steamed vegies and leave few seeds (separately) aside so the tiel can try out the seed. it's normal for baby birds to cry for food , as a owner just make sure u have filed his crop properly and make sure u give a drops of water at the end of the feeding so as to keep him hydrated. hope my answer would help. checkout this website incase u need : ▷ 🥇 Weaning Baby Cockatiels【 2020 】

·
Registered
274 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts