Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I have two cockatiels, a girl5years old and a boy 16-15 yearsold. First we had to put them in our basement and lock them in there cage because we are painting our house. First time we see them mating my brother sees and pulls them apprt because he ddoesent knowbwhat they are doing. Seaconds time my moms working downstairs and sees um...they finish.. that day I put in a nesting box 2 days later and egg is born.. its been 1 day sence then do U think the egg if furtile. They take turns sitting on it ans poops are huge is it furtile please help!!!!:eek:

·
Banned
123 Posts
Make sure you put some sort of nesting material inside the nest. 3-4" thick is best. I recommend aspen as long as its bought from a pet store. Your brother is silly lol! Good luck. Their poop is huge cause they hold it in while inside the nest so they don't poop inside the nest. Give them plenty of food and fresh water.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Paper is bad. Buy a bag of aspen from your local pet store. I'm sure others can help you even more. My knowledge while vast, I'm always learning something new.

·
Registered
10,886 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks i will later this weekend candle them and ill post the news!!! Thanks again I'm changing the beding

·
Registered
770 Posts
When candling, make sure to take the egg out exactly in the same position that it was in. Put it back in the same way. Don't roll the egg around or anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts