Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my cockatiel peach for 6 months and decided to get another one to her company. Some history on peach she was raised in solitary in a glass box for the majority of her life so after I got her she attached herself to me. but when I brought her to the pet store she instantly ran to the cockatiels. She was very interested and anywhere a specific cockatiel went she would fly to him. So i bought him and whole car ride home she wouldn't leave his sight, and the second the were in the cage together she started nuzzling her head against him. And she squawked and pecked him when he wouldn't pay attention to her and groom her. A few hours later I come home and I take them both out their cage and they both hop on my shoulder and then start fighting. And peach keeps running up to him instigating a fight, and I'm not sure what to do cause shes being very aggressive to him and kinda to me too.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hormonal behavior, I would cage them separately until they get to know each other a little better at least. Breeding is not for the faint of heart, if you're not interested I would cage them separate permanently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts