Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our female has what looks like a glob of poop ready to come out but it just stays there..... She is not acting any different but i'm worried about what is going on and how to help her... Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Our female has what looks like a glob of poop ready to come out but it just stays there..... She is not acting any different but i'm worried about what is going on and how to help her... Thoughts?
Are you sure it is poop and not an egg?
It is a medical emergency if an egg is stuck (it's called "egg binding") and that you should find a vet ASAP.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Have you tried bathing her in warm water? I do this if Peppy needs to poop but is more interested in her eggs. If this doesn't work then it does sound like an emergency.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Do you have a spray bottle? Spray her vent area with warm water to try and dislodge the poop. Do not use a cloth, you don't want to tear the surrounding skin if it really is stuck. If you are unable to dislodge it, she will need vet attention because a blockage can be dangerous and could cause an infection because she is unable to expel waste. Best of luck and please keep us updated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts