Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spooks and Spider are growing up sooo fast! I already have takers for them for when they're ready to go to their new homes. I pull them for hand feeding next week. I'm worried about hand feeding them because I don't want them to get sick like Fuzz Ball got sick, but I've had a lot of experience with baby cockatiels. I just have to gain my confidence back :)

And the designated baby pictures:

IMG_2879 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

IMG_2885 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

IMG_2886 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
There's three!? Cuteness overload! I wonder if they'll end up looking like mum or dad? :love:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's three!? Cuteness overload! I wonder if they'll end up looking like mum or dad? :love:
I originally had four, but it seems the fourth died and mom and dad have beaten its corpse into the substrate so thoroughly that I can't find it. Sigh. With that said....

It's looking like the two oldest ones will look like dad and the youngest will be a WF Lutino. I am sooo excited to see red eyes and the WF fuzz on baby number three!

Here's Spooks and Spider, the oldest two in front of the youngest:

IMG_2889 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

And here's Ichabod, the (Hoping!) WF Lutino :)

IMG_2890 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Adorable!! Based off the parents mutation, Ichabad is actually a girl. Mom isn't a lutino right? She's the wf cinnamon pearl? If that's the case, Ichabad is an Abbie (for those that watch Sleepy Hollow)! :love:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adorable!! Based off the parents mutation, Ichabad is actually a girl. Mom isn't a lutino right? She's the wf cinnamon pearl? If that's the case, Ichabad is an Abbie (for those that watch Sleepy Hollow)! :love:
Wicked cool :D A hen! **dances a happy dance** Thank you!

·
Registered
786 Posts
They are soooo precious!!! Momma is beautiful too :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!! **Blushes**

The adopter of Spooks came to see the babies today. He wants Spook's new name to be Bagwis (Pronounced Bahg - wees). He is SUPER excited about this new bird. I hope I can do his expectations justice, LOL!

I'll post more pictures once I get the babies out for their nighttime inspection/cuddling :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 'kids' are growing up! I didn't have the birds out Saturday because I was waaaayyyy too drowsy, but had them out Sunday. While mom and dad were out play, I took the babies out of the nest box for some pix.

Here's the three babies in the kitchen:

IMG_2903 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

And in the nest box with dad:

IMG_2911 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

And here are mom and dad, just cuz :D :

IMG_2910 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

I pull Bagwis for hand feeding on Monday (well, later on today, lol). The other two don't get pulled until Wednesday or Thursday. I have to double check my calendar for exact dates. I'm anxious about feeding, knowing what happened to Fuzz Ball could happen again. Here's to hoping that everything goes okay :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts