Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, everyone ..... My bird's name is PIKU.

I have a female cockatiel and a male one..male age 10 month and female are 18 months...my female is not interested in doing anything, when I separated them they call each other I bought the female few days ago....male is tame and very fond of me..but the female is so reserved...what should I do...and please tell us any vitamins name which we can mix with water. And Can I give them to this vitamins any short of time? I mean normally or only breeding time.

I have two lutino cockatiels ...are a good pair or opposite colour will work?

Here is piku..My bird

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

Your female cockatiel is still settling into her new home environment which can be very stressful for them so don't worry, just give her time and space to get comfortable and used to you and her new home.

What are you currently feeding them? You don't need to add vitamins to their water as long as they are getting a healthy, balanced, varied diet (such as seed mix, millet, grains, pellets, vegetables and herbs etc). There is some info on the best cockatiel diet in this Sticky article.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx a lot for ur kind advice......I give them millet, seed mix, vegetables(Carrot, coriander leaf, cuttlebone fish). one thing I want to know in my cage there is so many things like(leader, perch, two swings and a mirror)which is very favourite. If I want to pair these birds what should I do? remove all the stuff or the MIRROR?

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
The male is still too young to breed so you'll have to wait until he is a least a year and a half old. Remove the mirror anyway, as it can cause aggression in males if they get too bonded to their reflection. Don't take everything out when you put a nest box in, you can take some things out, such as toys they will probably ignore when in breeding mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx a lot... I remove the mirror. after that, the female take charge of everything...O my little male. she took his sleeping place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello vick...my female bird suddenly shake her head nd throwing seed everywhere..she was ok suddenly she eat so much after that she doing it....what should i do?plz advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts