Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our beautiful baby at 9 weeks fully weaned and handfed (incredibly sweet bird). It was bird early July. The breeder thought for sure it was a female.
Yesterday, it whistled the "cat call" whistle and said "pretty bird". Today it whistled/squawked "if you're happy and you know it".

The breeder immediately said "it's a boy!"
Two questions.
1. Does this mean it's a male for sure
2. What mutation and if a male, what will it look like as an adult.

To be clear, I'm simply curious as to what to expect! Thanks in advance!
Cockatoo Bird Parrot Sulphur-crested cockatoo Beak
Head Bird Eye Human body Beak
Bird Parrot Beak Feather Twig
Bird Eye Beak Snow Bunting Grey

·
Registered
206 Posts
Females can talk although it is very rare so I'm guessing you have a male there. The mutation looks like a cinnamon pearl pied. If it is pied, it could look the same as an adult but with maybe less pearls. All male pearls lose their pearly mutation after their first molt but when pied is mixed in, the pearly mutation usually stays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We got our beautiful baby at 9 weeks fully weaned and handfed (incredibly sweet bird). It was bird early July. The breeder thought for sure it was a female.
Yesterday, it whistled the "cat call" whistle and said "pretty bird". Today it whistled/squawked "if you're happy and you know it".

Two questions.

To be clear, I'm simply curious as to what to expect! Thanks in advance! View attachment 94340 View attachment 94341 View attachment 94342 View attachment 94343

Two questions.

To be clear, I'm simply curious as to what to expect! Thanks in advance! View attachment 94340 View attachment 94341 View attachment 94342 View attachment 94343
Got

1 - 4 of 4 Posts