Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I made a tread about this ages ago, how my lutino (who I thought was a boy at the time but now know is actually a girl) is pigeon toed. Conclusion of that tread was that she would grow out of it since she was just a baby but, well, she hasn't and she's almost a year old now. Just wondering what causes this kinda thing? Is it bad breeding? Or something like splayed legs where it happens after birth? Even the vet said she walks funny but I didn't think to ask the cause of it since the vet didn't seem worried at all. Just curious!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I think it could be genetic. One of those things that pops up in the nest. It's not something that can be corrected now though.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, probably bad genetics, she was just bred by some girl in her backyard who had no idea what she was doing. I think she did it accidentally. She didn't even know which parent was male and which was female so that tells you something! Anyway it's ok, she can walk alright, she just steps on her own toes a fair bit. It's cute in a way :p

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
It makes her special ya know? ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts