Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i,m still thinking what kind to get pied or pearl 2 of the breeders chicks hatched today so i want your input on names :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
here are some unisex names.

Pearl Names
Spot, Speckles, Pearl, Pearly, Spotty, Shiney, Tiny, Pumpkin..

Pied Names
Pye, Splotches, Paint, Little One, Cheeky, Blotchy, Splotch, Splotchy, Patch, Patchy, Patches..

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
If you are getting him a girl friend mabey you should get a pearl since they stay that way. Or get a pied if you are going to get him a guy friend. Spike is a pied :love:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
How about Puzzle for a pied?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Pearls are sex linked so you should be able to tell what they are by the parents not all Pearls are female and not all Pieds are male ;)

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I just said guy for a pied because a male pearl would lose his pearling. Do you know what percent of pieds are males. I never heard that alot of pieds are male :confused: I thought pieds were not sex linked

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I just said guy for a pied because a male pearl would lose his pearling. Do you know what percent of pieds are males. I never heard that alot of pieds are male :confused: I thought pieds were not sex linked
nope your right pieds are not sex linked and not sure what percent of pieds are male :confused: I was just saying if he gets a pied there is no guarantee its a male it could be either or but a pearl he would know what it was if he is looking for a female friend or a male friend for Stretch :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I can never effectively think of names until i've seen the bird. :p Everytime, before i get a new bird, i have a big list of names, and it usually ends up that i use one that wasn't even there. ;)

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the mother of the chicks is a pearl i,m holding off on a pearl last clutch 4 out of 5 eggs hatched

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if anyone lives in my area of canada my breeder has a common grey hand reared and is tame she only wants $45.00 reason so cheap she wants it gone so it will not loose it,s tame ness she has 2 tiels with clutches stretches parents with 4 and the other with 2 out of 5 so far
area is sarnia ontario

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i,m 1 hour from london ontario here is the reply i got from my breeder tonight

Hi Allen, Please don't ask me about the mutations..: ) I am really lost in that department.. Mom is Pearl and Dad is Grey. From the last clutch last Christmas I got 1 Grey and 2 Pearls. I think the Pearls were female. They were really heavy pearled and the last time I heard from the person who got them they kept all their pearls.

Lori

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
i,m 1 hour from london ontario here is the reply i got from my breeder tonight

Hi Allen, Please don't ask me about the mutations..: ) I am really lost in that department.. Mom is Pearl and Dad is Grey. From the last clutch last Christmas I got 1 Grey and 2 Pearls. I think the Pearls were female. They were really heavy pearled and the last time I heard from the person who got them they kept all their pearls.

Lori

Another breeder lost in the mutations department...:rolleyes:
Either way you'll have another couple of months before you can bring them home.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts