Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be possible to get better lighting on the pictures for the chicks? The pearl mother is for sure split to whiteface though.
Hi Misstiel,

Thank you for taking a time to reply on my post. May I know how you can tell that the pearl mother is split to whiteface?

Also here's the picture of their chick :)

Could be possible to know the split of the parent cockatiel base on their chick?
Bird Phasianidae Chicken Beak Comb

Bird Beak Bird supply Galliformes Pet supply

Rodent Fawn Small animal food Terrestrial animal Snout

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're welcome! The reason the mother is split to whiteface is because you have two whiteface chicks. Whiteface is recessive so both parents have to be split or visual in order to have whiteface chicks. Therefore, the mother is split to whiteface. Yes, sometimes you can tell the splits of the parents by their chicks, like the whiteface split in the mother. The mother would be a pearl split to whiteface. The father would be a whiteface pearl pied split to cinnamon. The whiteface cinnamon pearl chick would be female due to genetics. I'm curious about the last one so I messaged a breeder friend of mine.

Thanks new learning again for me, will wait on the update from your breeder friend

I have 2 pairs actually and I'm planning to breed their children in future I hope they are compatible.

I have also new post regarding on my second pair, if you have time kindly check it out too

I'm so amaze on how genetics work in our Pet.

Once again thank you for your effort 🤗

1 - 3 of 3 Posts