Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eggbert is the oldest at 9 days old today, then one is 8, 7, and the 2 littlest are 3 days old.

Eggberts eyes are starting to open

Starting to get pin feathers (Eggbert)

They scare me the way they sleep sometimes...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ahh geez, how cute! Little pile of weird looking pink and yellow fellas, lol I always think it's amazing how weird most animals can look when they are little yet how gosh darn cute they become.:love:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think they look like alien creatures.
haha
cute though

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better picture of Eggberts eyes opened.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Be warned, they are mere days away from being the cutest little babies EVER!! Tiel babies with their eyes open and a decent covering of pin feathers could bring down ANYONE with their looks i think. :love: Your little bundles of fluff there are adorable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant wait to hold them! The pet store owner here told me not to even touch them till they are like 4 weeks old. I am just like wanting to hold my little Eggbert soo bad!! only 20 more days!!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
No way should you wait that long!! :D You can gently pick them up and hold them for a few moments even now. Just be sure to support their whole body and head when you pick them up. Once they have a nice coat of pin feathers you can keep them out for 5-10 mins, and once the feathers start opening cuddle time can last longer. The more you handle them from an early age the friendlier they'll be when they wean. If you wait until they're 4 weeks old they'll be almost ready to leave the nest box and you'll have lost lots of valuable snuggling time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohhh wow! I cant wait till tommorrow then! I keep it warm in my house now because i dont want them to get chilled. Like when i check to make sure their crops are full. I know to use anti bacterial soap and germ-x before i hold them.
Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't know if you've already looked this up or not, so if you have just skip this post. lol

I was wondering if it was OK to use Germ-X because when it evaporates it leaves behind the residue on your skin, so I looked it up and it said to make sure your skin absorbs all of it before handling the chicks.

Make sure to post more pics!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts