Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I stated before, I'm very new with owning cockatiels, and don't really know how to distinguish genders. Can ya'll help me? Also, I need some good name suggestions, my bird doesn't have a name yet!
~Cassie

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Cute Baby. I want to say boy. With pearls it's a bit hard to tell visually but I see a bright yellow head and no barrings on the tail. How old is he..do you know? Behavior is one of the best ways to check. Either way it's a pretty pearl!

AS far as names...you're gonna have to give me some time..not great with names..Knowing me I'd give u something tropical like Tiki or Tika for a girl..

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I would also say he because of all the yellow on the face, but i can't say for sure. If it's a male he will loose all his pearling after he moults. ;)

Names...what about Peanut or Touki?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. We actually decided to name him "Lucky" which works because it goes either way, but works better for a boy.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. We actually decided to name him "Lucky" which works because it goes either way, but works better for a boy.
You can change the spelling to Lahki for a girl, not sure if you've seen the movie Bride and Prejudice but the youngest sister is called Lahki. :p Lucky is a cute name. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would say a boy, my tiel millie was like that as a baby we thourght he was a girl hence the name millie lol :p but it will be hard to tell untill his/her first molt :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts