Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he seems fairly clam here, he then open he wings and got a tiny bit agressive, i dont get why one one minute he is fine the next he isnt lol

he did shout at me for putting him back in his cage today tho, there has to be an easier way

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, he loves being out first 30mins are fine lol, i was amzaed to get pics lol thease are some of the best i have had

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
^^ I was gonna ask the same question. :p

From looking at the pics Jojo looks like a young 'tiel.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he was born in may so he is not much older than about 5/6 months, so i am hoping being so young with lots of time and effort on my part he will soon feel comfrotable

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
One minute fine and the next minute.....ripping you to shreds. It's the way of the tiel, you just have to show that you are not afraid of them. Been there, seen it, done it, got the scars!!! He's lovely. He's coming up to the hormonal stage, so beware, you have to show him who is boss now or you won't be having much fun with him in the future. I went through six months of **** with Dooby until a few people on here pointed out what I was doing wrong. I was basically letting him be the boss, if he went to bite me I would move away instead of putting my hand nearer to him. Anyway, after a lot of training, I made it. It was me that needed training, not Dooby.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so keep showing him whois bos and when he gets all macho and wings out this is my play gym, i say not its not i apied for it lol, i have been letting him get on with hi wing thing, showing him it doesnt bother at all, lts hope if i get thorugh that i wont get pecked too much, he shouted at me yesterday for puting him ack in and i just ignored his allmost "oi" noise lol, it was surgested i get his wong clipped so he depends on me wich would stop he getting so agressive a flighty,

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
definately wing clipping will help...it may or may not do "miracles" but it will definately help the situation and keep him calmer

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
check with ur local vet if he/she can do it.....or else a local breeder....even if its not the one you bought him from....i really wouldn't do it yourself....you really need two people and need to know exactly what feathers to clip and how far or else you can cut blood vessels and he will bleed....if a vet/breeder shows you...u can get a second pair of hands and feel confident then maybe in the future you can but its ALOT easier to get someone else to

1 - 11 of 11 Posts