Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at Dooby this morning when I uncovered him and there was something wrong with his beak. The top part was ok, but there was something growing on the bottom part of his beak. In less than a minute, I'd thought about how I was going to catch him without being skinned alive, which carrier I was going to take him to the vets in, what would I do if the vet said it was a very rare case of rottenus beakitis and survival was slim. I studied him for a little while and he seemed ok, not fluffed up, looking sorry for himself or anything like that, so maybe it's not quite as deadly as my imaginary vet thought!! I went and made a coffee, whilst wondering my next step in my plan of catching the Doobster and when I came back.....woohoo!! A miracle, the growth had gone, it was at that point that I realised that it was a bit of his floor covering that I use. Maybe I over reacted a bit, huh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
plukie i have a good one to tell my oldest daughter who was about 10 at the time came running in screaming and crying saying 1 of the budgies has lost a leg i went and had a look and relised she had it tucked under her my daughter thought the other budgie in with the other had chewed the others leg off i still stir my daughter up about it she is 17 now

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
plukie i have a good one to tell my oldest daughter who was about 10 at the time came running in screaming and crying saying 1 of the budgies has lost a leg i went and had a look and relised she had it tucked under her my daughter thought the other budgie in with the other had chewed the others leg off i still stir my daughter up about it she is 17 now
:lol: That is a good one!! They do hide those little leggies very well when they pull them up though. :p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I've been there Jen, I went rushing off to the vets one day with a rabbit, we saw blood on her foot but couldn't find anything...she'd broken a nail!!! There was nothing to be done, but it still cost us £10 to be told that. I'd much rather go to the vet and be told there is nothing wrong than to chance it though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.