Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birds currently have three wooden perches but they are completely round - the ones that came with the cage.

I would like to replace them with natural ones and have two decent trees to choose from. I have sweet chestnut and copper beech. I also have flowering currant and buddleia.

Can anyone tell me what, if any, of those branches are safe to use and how is should clean them? I am assuming washing them in hot water then drying slowly in the oven?

·
Registered
414 Posts
The chestnut and beech should be fine. I'm not sure about buddleia but I have never seen it mentioned on the usual list of no-no plants.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
My birds currently have three wooden perches but they are completely round - the ones that came with the cage.

I would like to replace them with natural ones and have two decent trees to choose from. I have sweet chestnut and copper beech. I also have flowering currant and buddleia.

Can anyone tell me what, if any, of those branches are safe to use and how is should clean them? I am assuming washing them in hot water then drying slowly in the oven?
You should get your bird a variety of perches I can tell you the perches my bird Rocko has well he has his favourite perch where he sleeps its a natural wood branch you can get them at most petstores and he has a concrete perch I dont have in the cage at the moment and two wooden perches that came with the perch he never uses them lol unless he needs to get around and he has two rope perches ill post pictures of my birds cage setup if you wanna see I can also see your new to the forum so you might wanna see a setup to get an idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts