Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Funny how since Kiwi has arrived, Pepper seems to be a lot more friendly and lovable! He also seems to be a little more vocal with even a few wolf whistles as well. Kiwi on the other hand still sounds like a cross between static electricity and a squeak! LOL! He has adapted very well to good quality cockatiel food.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They're beautiful, and it's nice that Pepper's happier with another bird around. They look very happy to be with you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have fallen in love with these two birds more than any other pets I've ever had! Being a tiel owner less than a year, I can sure see how they grow on you fast!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
They really grow on you don't they?? Beautiful birds!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
They are absolutely beautiful :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soon we will know!

Kiwi and Pepper having been getting along much better in the last week. Pepper seems a lot more happy to have another bird in the house while we are at work. The BIG news is by this time next week we should know the sex of these two. We have sent off a DNA test since my wife and I both are curious to know.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
What was the genders?

Diamond :blue and gold:
Petunia :grey tiel:
Eco :wf grey:
Laddie :grey tiel:
Mituna :ylw lovie:
Sollux :ylw lovie:
Creek :blue pied:
Coconut :albino:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi! I am close to getting two cockatiels myself.

Can I ask how you did this process? BEAUTIFUL birds by the way?

Did you quarantine Kiwi? If so, for how long? Were they in separate rooms or in sight of each other? If they were separate- would they flock call for each other?

Did you train Kiwi by her/himself before introducing to Pepper?

How did you first introduce them? Is Pepper still as friendly to you?

Thanks for answer all the questions. I have an 8 mo. old tiel and I'm thinking about getting him a 9 week old friend too :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pepper was our first tiel. We got Kiwi about 3 months later from the same local shop where we know the owners well. We had both birds DNA tested and it turned out, Pepper was a female and Kiwi was a male. I know this goes against the rules but we didn't separate them. We just didn't allow them in each others cage for a number of weeks. They both seemed to hit it off well from the day we brought Kiwi home. Pepper went thru a very ruff time with her first molt and her moods changed almost on a daily basis for what seemed like months! Now she's back to her old self and more easy to handle and get along with.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts