Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was diagnosed with gluten intolerance, so I have been looking for tasty gluten-free snacks. (Yes there are some). One of my favorites is a tortilla chip made by Utz. They're called multigrain tortilla chips. The first ingredient is corn, but they also have flaxseed, quinoa and some other grains. Of course, I am not thinking of using these as a mainstay of Bennie's diet, but I think they should be okay as an occasional treat. He does enjoy them! They do contain a little raw cane sugar and salt, but are actually much lower in sodium than are potato chips.

·
Registered
761 Posts
It's all about being sensible, isn't it? I know that birds don't digest bread well, but Murray loves digging the seeds out of my favourite wholemeal toast :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
people snacks

Do you think birds can't digest bread because of the gluten? I've noticed that a lot of bird pellets are made with corn. Many seed mixtures contain oats, too, and Bennie likes uncooked oatmeal. Are there bird snacks, foods made with wheat or rye? Interesting!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hmm, I know there are some parrot cookies available here that Murray got for Christmas but I can't remember how they were made...I'm guessing they were gluten free though because they were rock solid!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts