Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
He's like "woman let me help" and she's like "I don't need your help!" How cute!!! lol

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's like "woman let me help" and she's like "I don't need your help!" How cute!!! lol
I had to chuckle when I saw it, he's trying hard to sneak an egg out from under her and she's like no dear, that's mine, so he tries again, no dear that's mine, he tries another egg and she's like no dear, they are alllll mine!
And honestly, she could share... They have 8 fertile eggs in there!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Poor little guy, trying so hard! I bet he can't wait till they hatch so he can help feed them :p

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poor little guy, trying so hard! I bet he can't wait till they hatch so he can help feed them :p
He is a great Dad and feeds right along with Mom, even once I pull them for handfeeding they come and feed babies with me, I let them have visitation...lol they seem happy that way, they help feed and clean dried formula off the chins for me.

http://youtu.be/VR6lnCWpKsA

They eat the formula then feed it to the chicks...lol

http://youtu.be/wsugaNWhMu8

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
peek into nest box

That is really cute! He really is an attentive "Daddy!" Is eight eggs an unusually large clutch? I didn't realize they would produce so many. I have never raised cockatiels, or any bird, but I would have guessed they lay 3 or 4 eggs or so. Can the parents raise that many? I guess you probably help with the feeding, right? It must be fun and rewarding to raise a clutch of 'tiel chicks! Although I am sure it is a lot of work!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is really cute! He really is an attentive "Daddy!" Is eight eggs an unusually large clutch? I didn't realize they would produce so many. I have never raised cockatiels, or any bird, but I would have guessed they lay 3 or 4 eggs or so. Can the parents raise that many? I guess you probably help with the feeding, right? It must be fun and rewarding to raise a clutch of 'tiel chicks! Although I am sure it is a lot of work!
3-6 is a normal clutch, this is a large one, they are looking after all except the 8th baby who I had to assist out of his shell. I feed him and let him stay in the nest for warmth, sometimes when the other babies are empty when I feed the little one I will give them a 1/2 a feed to help out mom and dad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts